FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The 2020 Franklin County Agricultural Fair will not happen this year due to coronavirus concerns. The announcement was made early Friday.
“Being the sixth annual hosting for the event, following a 40-year hiatus, it was not an easy decision to make. A number of community organizations, individuals and sponsors have worked long and hard to get us this far,” said David Rotenizer, chairman of the event and county director of tourism. “With so much uncertainty regarding public health and safety for large group gatherings, along with logistics for maintaining social distancing and sanitation, this was an unfortunate but required action.”
Organizers anticipate the fair will return Sept. 15-18, 2021.
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Richmond International Airport has 96% drop in passenger traffic in April
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic