(KXAN/CNN) — Earlier this week, a contestant on TBS’ game show “Wipeout” died hours after completing an obstacle course, according to CNN.
Sources close to production tell CNN the man received on-site emergency medical attention but later died. The sources say “Wipeout” contestants must complete physical examinations before entering the competition — and were tested for COVID-19 this year.
In a statement, the show’s production company, Endemol Shine North America said: “We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts are with them at this time.”
“Wipeout” halted production the rest of the week but will resume after Thanksgiving.
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless
- Virginia ABC awards grant to Franklin County teens in support of youth leadership efforts to prevent substance use