BRENTWOOD, Calif. – The iconic “Golden Girls” house has sold for roughly $4 million, according to Douglas Elliman Real Estate.
The Brentwood, California house ended up selling for more than $1 million over the asking price. The home was made famous in outdoor shots for the sitcom, which starred Betty White, Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty.
The 2,901 square-foot, 4-bedroom home was listed at $2,999,000. The house served as the facade of the home the four women shared in Miami.
Listing agent Rachelle Rosten said 20 people put down offers, prompting a bidding war between nine people.
“The Golden Girls” aired from 1985 to 1992 and aired 180 episodes across seven seasons. Of the four lead actresses, only 98 year-old Betty White is still living.
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Pinpoint Weather: Heavy rain expected tonight followed by gusty winds Saturday morning
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Delivery driver dead after electrocuted in Galax industrial accident, police say
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine sees nearly 50 percent jump in applicants