FIFTH DISTRICT, Va. (WFXR) — Democratic candidate John Lesinski says the coronavirus pandemic emphasizes two major focuses of his campaign: expanding access to health care and building up rural broadband internet.
Lesinski says another focus is to create jobs within the district by pushing for an infrastructure bill to generate jobs within rural communities.
He expressed his concern for climate change and promotes renewable energy sources to create “green jobs.”
Lesinski also stresses the importance of providing healthcare to the public, especially amid the pandemic, by expanding the Affordable Care Act to include a public option and creating a pathway to Medicare for All.
Learn more about Lesinski’s platform here.
- Pinpoint Weather: Hot weekend ahead, spotty showers and storms possible
- Liberty Univ. President Jerry Falwell Jr. supports efforts to rename city of Lynchburg; calls city’s name “an embarrassment”
- Wythe County deputy shot in back: “Despite the bad, there is still a tremendous amount of good in the world and for that we are thankful.”
- Northam says Virginia won’t move forward with students in schools if the state can’t stay in Phase 3
- Roanoke City proclaims 2020 the “Year of Color, Light, and Motion” in honor of artist Dorothy Gillespie