FIFTH DISTRICT, Va. (WFXR) — Democratic candidate John Lesinski says the coronavirus pandemic emphasizes two major focuses of his campaign: expanding access to health care and building up rural broadband internet.
Lesinski says another focus is to create jobs within the district by pushing for an infrastructure bill to generate jobs within rural communities.
He expressed his concern for climate change and promotes renewable energy sources to create “green jobs.”
Lesinski also stresses the importance of providing healthcare to the public, especially amid the pandemic, by expanding the Affordable Care Act to include a public option and creating a pathway to Medicare for All.
Learn more about Lesinski’s platform here.
- ‘If it sounds too good to be true’: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- D.C.’s Smithsonian Institute reopens two more museums, one already booked through the weekend
- Man sentenced to prison for child pornography charge in Greenbrier County
- Church of God in Christ, Inc. spends Saturday morning handing out free food in Roanoke
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses