FIFTH DISTRICT, Va. (WFXR) — Democratic candidate Roger Dean Huffstetler emphasizes the need for expanding affordable healthcare and increasing housing assistance to the rural communities in the 5th congressional district.
“There was a time in my life, when, were it not for the Section 515 program administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, my mom, my sister, and I would not have a roof over our heads,” he says.
Huffstetler plans to extend the Fair Housing Act and increase funding of USDA programs to help rural families in the district meet their housing needs.
He also stresses the importance of protecting and expanding access to affordable healthcare by introducing a public option and reinstating the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act.
Learn more about his policies and campaign here.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- Vehicle crashes into building in Danville
- Filler-Corn releases statement on lack of disclosure of Virginia House member’s reported COVID-19 positive diagnosis
- Big Lick Comic-Con announces Flash Gordon star to make appearance at Roanoke event