(WFXR) – The Atlantic Hurricane Season is in full-swing and it’s already been a fairly active start of the season with Arthur, Bertha and Chistobal being named.
But how does a low pressure system become a hurricane? What is needed to help develop storms in the Atlantic basin?
WFXR Meteorologist Gary Boyer answers those questions.
- Pinpoint Weather: Isolated storms Tuesday afternoon
- Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office receives hand-written letters, sweets from local Farm Bureau committee
- Young promotes Giltner to Hokies’ assistant coach
- Generals’ virtual 5K hopes to tackle social issues, end racism
- Younger demographic of West Virginians test positive for COVID-19