ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — WFXR Sports Director Jermaine Ferrell is joined by WFXR Sports racing insider J.W. Martin for the latest edition of the WFXR Sports Fastlane.
NASCAR will make a fourth attempt to complete its playoff race at Texas Motor Speedway on Wednesday after persistent mist and cold temperatures continued the long delay.
The race began Sunday and drivers completed 52 of the scheduled 334 laps before mist and drizzle halted the action. The weather did not relent on Monday or Tuesday as NASCAR spent about two dozen futile hours trying to dry the track.
The resumption of the race was set for Wednesday at 3 p.m. EDT at the Texas track.
The Cup Series is scheduled to finalize the championship field next Sunday at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia. It is not clear how NASCAR may have to adjust scheduling based on the postponements in Texas.
Also, Jermaine and J.W. talk about racing at Martinsville Speedway this coming weekend. Finally we have a special announcement coming at the end of the show.
- Small plane crashes in northern VA, pilot suffers minor injuries
- Second-dose COVID-19 vaccination clinic scheduled at Radford University
- CDC report: 68% of people who exercised indoors at one Chicago gym contracted COVID-19
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in arow
- Could WV suffer a Texas-style blackout? Energy experts weigh-in