ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — WFXR Sports Director Jermaine Ferrell has the latest edition of the WFXR Sports Fastlane.
Jermaine has a recap of the final Round of 8 race from Martinsville. Chesterfield native Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott, Joey Logano, and Brad Keselowski talk about qualifying for the Championship 4 race this Sunday at Phoenix.
- Chase Elliott won the Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway to advance to the Championship 4 race at Phoenix Raceway next Sunday. The race was the final contest in the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 8. (click for recap)
- Elliott led a race-high 236-of-500 laps, taking the lead for good with 43 laps remaining on a pass of Martin Truex Jr. He finished 6.577 seconds ahead of runner-up Ryan Blaney. Joey Logano finished third, followed by Brad Keselowski and Kurt Busch.
- Regular Season Champion Kevin Harvick made a last-ditch effort to pass Kyle Busch on the final lap to gain the one point he needed to make the Championship 4, but spun out after making contact with Busch’s No. 18 Toyota. Harvick, Truex, Kurt Busch and Alex Bowman were all eliminated from the Playoffs.
- Elliott’s win marked his career-best fourth of the season. He also boasts career highs in top-five (14) and top-10 (21) finishes.
- Elliott (win at Martinsville), Logano (win at Kansas), Keselowski (points) and Denny Hamlin (points) all advanced to the Championship 4 and will race for the NASCAR Cup Series title Sunday at Phoenix Raceway (click for Playoffs standings).
- Pulaski County animal rescue seeking donations for dog shot three times
- Gayle Manchin sworn-in as Federal Co-chair of the Appalachian Regional Commission
- Averett University to hold Nurse Pinning, White Coat Ceremonies Friday
- New rules could be in store for Wall Street after GameStop stock saga, SEC Chairman says
- Drivers can expect delays on I-81 South near exit 114 next week due to paving