ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – March 25 is the American Red Cross’ Giving Day as the organization is hoping to receive financial support from businesses and local residents, especially in this time of need.
The American Red Cross says Giving Day is an opportunity for local communities to come together on one day to support the urgent humanitarian needs of the American Red Cross.
Financial gifts can help to ensure that no one is left along in the face of an emergency. Financial gifts are also tax-deductible. After donating you will receive an email confirmation that will double as your receipt to use for tax purposes.
Most people think of donating blood when they think of donating to the Red Cross, but in this coronavirus pandemic, the financial burdens are still there.”John Carroll, Board of Directors Blue Ridge Chapter of American Red Cross
Money that is donated can also help to support the costs for conducting blood drives and blood testing.
If you are able to make a financial donation, simply click here to be directed to their donation page.
The Blue Ridge Chapter of the American Red Cross is also still asking for blood donations, so if you cannot support them financially, consider giving the gift of life by donating.
On Saturday, March 28, the American Red Cross will host a blood donation drive at their building at 352 Church Avenue, SW in Roanoke between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. You are asked to call ahead for an appointment.
- Man arrested Monday night in connection with Danville shooting
- VDH: Confirmed COVID-19 cases climb to 3,333, deaths to 63; first cases reported in Craig County
- Botetourt County to hold budget meeting Tuesday afternoon
- Roanoke City implements temporary furlough for 39 part-time positions
- Delays expected on I-81 South in Rockbridge County due to tractor-trailer crash