ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va.) announced his endorsement of Roanoke’s incumbent mayor and three other city council candidates on Sunday night.
Mayor Sherman Lea, Robert Jeffrey, Peter Volosin, and Councilwoman Patricia White-Boyd are Democratic candidates for November’s election.
“Now more than ever, we need leaders focused on policy that allows every person and community to thrive,” Northam said in a statement. “This year’s Democratic ticket for Roanoke Mayor and City Council is a team united to lead and support the valley through these changing times, and I hope you’ll join me in supporting them on November 3rd.”
Lea previously announced an endorsement from Northam on Sept. 2.
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Staff member at Glenvar High among nine coronavirus cases reported by Roanoke County Public Schools Sunday
- Pinpoint Weather: Decreasing clouds this afternoon and warmer
- Family seeks answers for man missing since 2013
- Police say one in custody after Sunday afternoon shooting at Roanoke hotel