BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – With the coronavirus continuing to spread across the country, the Virginia Cooperative Extension and Virginia 4-H have teamed up to support individuals, families and citizens as a whole to provide resources to use in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
It’s times like these that we need to step up and be there for each other. We are in unprecedented times and we want people to know that as community members, VCE and Virginia 4-H are here for you.”Ed Jones, Director of Virginia Cooperative Extension
One of the main things people have been told to do on a fairly consistent basis is to wash your hands. VCE and Virginia 4-H have released a proper handwashing tutorial which can be viewed below.
Another key to staying healthy is to maintain an intake of proper nutrition. The Virginia Family Nutrition Program offers several materials that families can use.
Of course, it’s also best to maintain a steady exercise regimen, especially something that can be done at home. View some at-home exercise videos here.
- US Census continues 2020 count despite coronavirus outbreak
- Carter Bank & Trust to offer loan relief program for those experiencing financial distress during COVID-19 pandemic
- Q&A: Here’s how your federal coronavirus relief check will work
- Rosie’s Gaming Emporium starts free meal service today
- Sens. Warner, Kaine express concern for military crew aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt