CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WFXR) — From the Super Bowl to FOX Sports, Roanoke native Ronde Barber is still connected to football.
Barber was an all-state football and track star at Cave Spring High School. Then he went on to the University of Virginia where he was an All ACC defensive back.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafted Barber where he spent his entire 16 year NFL career. Barber helped the Bucs to a Super Bowl title in 2003.
After his football career, Barber went into broadcasting. Currently, he is a football color analyst for FOX Sports.
WFXR Sports Director Jermaine Ferrell caught up with Barber in Charlotte as he is calling the New Orleans Saints – Carolina Panthers game for FOX this Sunday.
- Murphy’s late jumper gives Pittsburgh a 74-72 win over BC
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens
- Member of the ‘Central Park Five’ speak at Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech edges UNC in 2OT as Tar Heels lose 5th in a row
- Syracuse edges Notre Dame 84-82 for yet another ACC road win