ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Hotel Roanoke will be home to the Business of Brewing this week. It’s an annual event held during the last week of January. Its purpose is to educate anyone interested in getting into the brewing business. From marketing to insurance, vendors, quality control and even finding equipment and the right kind of equipment for your plans.
“We developed this course… to teach perspective brewery owners the business side of opening a brewery. So, it helps them understand what they need to know other than brewing, if they’re going to be successful.”Robyn Smyth – Program Manager – COTA / Virginia Tech
The week-long class will also take afternoon trips to local breweries, to learn first hand how this all works. Even a full day set aside to work as an intern. Classes are taught by professionals in their field, from Brew Masters to Brewery Owners.
“It runs the gambit, we’re bringing in brewers, brewery owners. We have Gentry Locke coming to talk about the legal side of things Brown Edwards comes to talk about taxes, we have Carl Williams from ABC (alcohol beverage control agency) he comes in and talks about legislation.”Robyn Smyth – Program Manager – COTA / Virginia Tech
The Business of Brewing is booked for this 2020 course. If anyone is interested in registering, you can do so by simply using your favorite web browser and search The Business of Brewing.
- UPDATE: Southbound I-77 reopens in Bland County after vehicle fire at East River Mountain Tunnel
- Virginia NAACP says constitutional amendment on the ballot would adversely affect Black voters
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Amid social unrest, local sheriff’s office prepares for National Night Out
- Title aspirations drive Sam Hauser ahead of lone season at UVA