ROANOKE, VA. (WFXR) — Roanoke County Public Schools (RCPS) is looking for more bus drivers to add to their current team of 142 bus drivers.
The goal is to add 10 more bus drivers with a number of additional substitute drivers to fill in when needed. RCPS is offering a signing bonus for new hires.
“Right now, we are offering a $2,000 signing bonus. So, if a person applies and is accepted and hired, there will be an additional $2,000 bonus that will be coming over the course of their contract.”Chuck Lionberger – Director of Community Relations – Roanoke County Public Schools
Anyone with a valid Virginia Driver’s License and a clean driving record can apply. You do not need a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to apply.
“Once you’re hired we’re going to walk you through the CDL course. We’re going to provide all the training for you, we’re going to provide all of the street experience that has to be conducted and help you earn that CDL.”Chuck Lionberger – Director of Community Relations – Roanoke County Public Schools
Training will take a couple of months and you will be paid for your training.
To find more information or to apply for a bus driver position with Roanoke County Public Schools, click here.
- Poet Amanda Gorman earns instant praise for stirring inaugural poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’
- Central Shenandoah Health District expands into Phase 1b of vaccination
- Dancing classes offered this winter with Salsa Noke
- Florida lawmaker wants to rename highway ‘President Donald J. Trump Highway’
- Annual community coat drive hosted by the Rotary Club of Salem