ROANOKE, VA. (WFXR) — Roanoke County Public Schools (RCPS) is looking for more bus drivers to add to their current team of 142 bus drivers.
The goal is to add 10 more bus drivers with a number of additional substitute drivers to fill in when needed. RCPS is offering a signing bonus for new hires.
“Right now, we are offering a $2,000 signing bonus. So, if a person applies and is accepted and hired, there will be an additional $2,000 bonus that will be coming over the course of their contract.”Chuck Lionberger – Director of Community Relations – Roanoke County Public Schools
Anyone with a valid Virginia Driver’s License and a clean driving record can apply. You do not need a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to apply.
“Once you’re hired we’re going to walk you through the CDL course. We’re going to provide all the training for you, we’re going to provide all of the street experience that has to be conducted and help you earn that CDL.”Chuck Lionberger – Director of Community Relations – Roanoke County Public Schools
Training will take a couple of months and you will be paid for your training.
To find more information or to apply for a bus driver position with Roanoke County Public Schools, click here.
- Clutch hits in the sixth lift Appomattox softball to state championship game
- “I just really enjoy life even more than I used to”; Bedford County woman’s ‘miraculous’ recovery after nearly dying from COVID
- Va. expecting budget surplus after bracing for big losses; Tourism groups asking for direct aid
- Study: Yeager brings more than $225M to WV economy
- WV roadways and bridges rank last in nation