Each year thousands flock to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Alleghany Highlands to get a view of the lovely fall palette of colors. The views are magnificent as the colors jump off the landscape. Unfortunately some years are better than others, and the weather has a lot to do with the colors and their brilliance. Chief Meteorologist explores and explains the way weather interacts with the leaves and influences the outcome each year.
He also gives us a time-table of where and when the leaves are at their peak here in Virginia and West Virginia.
- James River High student tests positive for COVID-19, Botetourt County Public Schools says
- Salem community invited to Tuesday’s drive-thru ‘trunk-or-treat’
- Alleghany County Courthouse closed for the week due to possible coronavirus exposure
- Fifth and Federal, site of violent May protests, reopens in Lynchburg after months-long closure
- Pittsylvania County Parks and Rec cancels winter youth sports due to COVID-19 concerns