Coronavirus

Dr Pepper Park and Blue Ridge PBS teaming up to help downtown businesses

Digital Originals

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Dr Pepper Park is teaming up with Blue Ridge PBS to help employees and businesses in downtown Roanoke affected by Coronavirus. They’re hosting a fundraiser called “Rock to the Rescue”. People can watch pre-taped concerts online starting Wednesday for free. People are encouraged though to donate. 75% of the money raised will go directly to those affected. The other 25% will cover operational costs.

“The community has been so supportive of Dr Pepper Park over the years. Over the weekend I just started feeling really sad about the businesses and people I know personally in the downtown district that are going to struggle with having to have their doors shut for this long. Obviously once we get through this together we want them to be able to open their doors up.”

Waynette Anderson – President / Dr Pepper Park at the Bridges

You can catch the stream starting Wednesday at 7:00 pm on Blue Ridge PBS’s streaming youtube channel.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form

Restaurant Service Guide