CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – A family from Christiansburg has gone above and beyond to help children.
The Rainey family has fostered nine children since 2012, adopting eight and working on their ninth.
Now, they are doing even more by starting a foundation called “Rainey 13.”
Through the foundation, they hope to offer scholarships to foster children or adopted children in our area.
On Thursday, the family held a Kid’s Entrepreneur Day at the Christiansburg Farmers Market where they sold lemonade, iced tea and baked goods.
“We are going to buy everything they need with the money that we are working for our foundation. We are going to buy school supplies for them if they need it, or food if they need it, or clothing.”October Rainey, 12-years old, adopted out of foster care in 2016
Proceeds from the event all went to the foundation.
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man