ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Angels of Assisi is closer to meeting its capital campaign goal with a recent donation from celebrity chef Rachael Ray.
The animal humane organization has strong support in the community and now can count on the support of a national figure through her organization, The Rachael Ray Foundation.
“The Rachael Ray Foundation looks to make a difference in the lives of our animal friends and Angels of Assisi falls in line with this mission,” according to an Angels of Assisi statement.
The Rachael Ray’s donation of $30,000 puts Angels of Assisi’s total funds collected at $1 million, an Angels spokesman told WFXR. The capital campaign’s goal is $3 million.
The Imagine campaign will replace the 4,000 square foot Community Pet Clinic and Adoption Center with a new 16,000 square foot facility.
- Customers are excited for Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- More than 2,000 Roanoke Valley residents 65+ receive their first round of COVID-19 vaccination
- Syracuse dominates No. 16 Virginia Tech in 78-60 win
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game