ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Youths of Virginia Speak Out About Traffic Safety (YOVASO) and After Prom Grand Finale (APGF) are looking forward to creating a safe environment for area teens during the 2021 Prom season by offering an after-prom party geared toward saving lives.
“In the 31 years of After Prom Grand Finale, not one school that participates has had an alcohol or drug-related fatality on prom night because this event works.”Becky Parr – After Prom Grande Finale Coordinator
Each year, YOVASO/APGF gives away a car donated by First Team Auto. The only way to win the car is to stay for the entire After Prom party.
“The only thing that is proven to keep is if they stay until the very end of that party and when you offer up a car as an incentive to stay until the end, they want to do it and they do.”Becky Parr – After Prom Grande Finale Coordinator
The car is donated, but money for the event still has to be raised. This is where the State Farm Neighborhood Assist Grant comes in.
“State Farm is giving away 40 $25,000 grants this year. So, the name of the grant is the State Farm Neighborhood Assist Grant. The way it works is starting this Wednesday the 23rd at midnight until October 2nd, people can go online a vote every day for After Prom Grand Finale. We actually have a direct link to that site and its votepromparty.com.”Becky Parr – After Prom Grande Finale Coordinator
For more information on this event, check out After Prom Grand Finale’s website by clicking here.
Voting starts this Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 12:00 a.m. and runs until Oct. 2. Each person can vote 10 times each day.
- Numerous schools closed, operating virtually Thursday due to Zeta’s weather
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Three protesters stabbed during Fresno protest, demonstrators bringing awareness between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Pinpoint Weather: Heavy rain and strong winds expected as Zeta remnants move across Southwest VA
- Space Force General David Thompson tests positive for the coronavirus