LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Steven Enoch scored 13 points, including the go-ahead free throws with 2:47 remaining, and David Johnson, Ryan McMahon and Malik Williams combined for eight more from the line to lift No. 5 Louisville past Virginia 80-73 for its 10th consecutive victory.
The Cardinals led most of the way before the Cavaliers stormed back to go ahead 70-68 on Kihei Clark’s two technical free throws with 3:25 left.
Johnson’s jumper tied it before Enoch two free throws put Louisville ahead for good.
Tomas Woldetensae had 27 points with seven 3-pointers for Virginia.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- “Backpack Run” to benefit Roanoke education foundation to feature in-person, virtual races
- Danville Baseball Club is asking the community to help name new team
- Crews respond to structure fire on Valleydale Avenue in Salem Friday, two people displaced
- Section of Red Valley Road to be closed in Franklin County starting Jan. 25
- Faith leaders are backing a bill to abolish the death penalty in Virginia