CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) – Michael Devoe had 20 points including the go-ahead layup with 15 seconds left as Georgia Tech rallied from nine points down with five minutes left to defeat Clemson 65-62.
The Yellow Jackets end the season on a satisfying note after announcing earlier this week it would not contest its NCAA ban on playing in the postseason this year.
Georgia Tech ends the year winning four straight and six of its past seven as it goes to 17-14 overall and 11-9 in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Clemson had a chance to tie, but Tevin Mack missed a 3-pointer with two seconds left.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Former Hokie P.J. Horne transfers to the University of Georgia
- Lord Botetourt’s Miette Veldman named the Class 3 Female Athlete of the Year
- Officials in Montgomery County prepare for potential flooding
- Dan River’s Ethan Lewis named Class 2 Male Athlete of the Year
- Years after panic attack, Parker Albright looks to end stigma of mental illness among athletes