The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Lord Botetourt’s Miette Veldman named the Class 3 Female Athlete of the Year
- Officials in Montgomery County prepare for potential flooding
- Dan River’s Ethan Lewis named Class 2 Male Athlete of the Year
- Years after panic attack, Parker Albright looks to end stigma of mental illness among athletes
- The six exceptions to Northam’s mask mandate and what they mean for you